why do businesses leverage social media?
The team here at Creative Content Company spend lots of time talking to people about social media, this may be queries online, discussions at networking events or even when we have been doing training, guest speaking or presentations on social media.
We are often asked why we use social media and we answer that the main reasons we use social media is for brand awareness, to put our name in front of our target audience, to be available for contact by existing clients and potential clients, to offer help and support, to promote Creative Content Company, to improve traffic to our website, to help with SEO and to gain sales and new clients for the business.
But the reasons we use social media may be very different to the reasons other businesses use social media for business, so we looked at a survey completed by Zoomerang. They asked business owners the most important reason their business leverages social media, each business owner was only allowed to choose one reason (the most important reason) and these are the results;
- 28% of businesses owners said they use social media for business to connect with their customers easier and in more ways.
- 27% of business owners said that they use social media for business to improve the visibility of their company and brand.
- 26% of business owners said that they put their business on social media to help with self promotion of the business and the brand.
- 9% of business owners said that they are on social media as a business due to the ability of social media to get new out quickly.
- 6% of business owners put their business on social media so they were able to stay ahead of the curve.
- 2% of business owners said their business is on social media to challenge the competition and not get left behind.
- Meanwhile the final 2% said that the most important reason their business leverages social media was for another reason.
It’s very easy for us to say why we use social media for our business, but of course these may be very different reasons to other businesses – and it is likely we are slightly biased as we offer social media management and social media training as a service. But hopefully you can see from this report that many businesses use social media for a wide range of reasons.